Gosh, I seriously couldn’t remember what I needed to put in this bag guys. Here’s hoping I got it right.
- Nappies – I’m looking forward to using the Huggies New Baby nappies. These bad boys have a cut out for the umbilical cord, which I absolutely love!
- Cotton Wool – this is used to clean baby’s face if I remember correctly. That and for cleaning the umbilical cord
- Blanket – this is mostly for going home and I love this Jeankelly blanket I got when Ethan was born that is being reused
- Wipes – that first newborn poo is going to scare you if it’s your first baby and you’ll probably need to pack more than one pack of wipes (Mark used a whole pack with Matthew’s first poo lol)
- Muslin swaddle blanket – I got these Aiden and Anis swaddle blankets when I was pregnant with Ethan. Reusing them this time around because they are great!
- Surgical spirits – used to clean the umbilical cord. I actually prefer to use Fuller’s Earth but we were asked by the hospital to pack this in.
- Toiletries – I love the Dove product range for babies. So I packed the body wash and bum cream with a little face cloth. (Crap! Looks like I forgot to pack the body lotion!)
- Dummy – I have always been a fan of Nuk dummies and have packed one for this baby just in case it’s needed. I know it’s not for everyone but I am seriously not keen on being used as a pacifier.
- Going home outfit – our hospital will provide clothing for baby while we’re in hospital and we just need to pack 1 outfit for going home.
- Nappy bag – I won this beautiful Lou Harvey bag when Matthew was still little. Love their products and how nicely everything fits into the bag.
I’m sure there are loads of things I’m missing from this bag. It will either have to be brought from home when Mark comes the next day to the hospital or it’ll have to be bought. My brain is clearly not functioning properly anymore.Follow us on social media to see more