Happy New Year!!!! It’s been a while since I was in this place and I must say, I missed my little blog. I’ve been off having adventures with my boys and just soaking in as much of Harper as I can before I return to work. I’m really going to miss spending time with her and tending to her needs but I realise that I need the routine as much as the kids. Plus I miss the pressure of work (gasp I know!).
I saw this questionnaire on Dear Max and Rebecca‘s blog and thought I’d share how my 2017 went (even though we are almost halfway through Jan already).
1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
I lost 10kg. Granted, most of the weight was lost while I was pregnant and I’m struggling now to maintain that weightloss, this was still an amazing feat for me.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any in 2017 but I had a goal of getting my driver’s licence before my birthday. I am chuffed to say that I smashed that goal. And while 8 months pregnant too.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
We spent New Year’s Eve at home, just us and my sister.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No but I still about my mom’s death a lot.
5. What countries did you visit?
Hahahaha, I haven’t left Cape Town in like ever.
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
A healthier mindset and body. I struggle with this daily. I am tired of feeling like I’m not good enough, or that I have to compete with the slimmer Jane’s out there. I just want to be comfortable to wear something that makes me feel good. And adapt a liking for vegetables!
7. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory?
I think it will be Harper’s birth day, 29 September.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing my driver’s licence.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Allowing others to make me feel less that I am. And not staying true to myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, nothing major besides the common cold and sinusitis bouts.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn’t really buy anything this year. Most of my money went to clothing the kids and gynae bills. But I did purchase a Daddy’s Deal for canvases and I had a photo of all the grandparents and grandchildren printed.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, bills, bills
13. What song will always remind you of 2017?
Gosh, I have no cooking clue. Not really into keeping up with artists and titles.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d made more effort with my friends, spent more time with the kids, went on more date nights, exercised.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stress about Harper’s birth, shout at the boys.
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
I have so many but all the medical series and just discovered Jane the Virgin on Netflix.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not at all. I’m not a hate kinda gal.
18. What was the best book you read?
Urgh, didn’t read much and I seriously need to change that as I love reading.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Loved Bad Mom’s Christmas!!!
21. What did you do on your birthday
I was home, with a 9 day old Harper. My amazing friends came and spoilt me and we had a little braai. I loved it!
22. What kept you sane?
Mark, my sister, my friends.
23. Who did you miss?
I missed my mom a lot. And I missed the me I was starting to become before I fell pregnant and had to stop working out.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh man, all my blogging buddies that I met this year. I love those nerds!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017
You need to let children be children. Stop stepping in and trying to control the situation, how else will they learn?
This year I have no set goals or a word to live by or resolutions. I just want to strive to be a better person, friend, spouse, mother, daughter, sister. I want to look at how I can be comfortable in my own skin (even if that means no weight-loss but just accepting me for who I am). I want to succeed at work and if I’m not getting what I need from my current employment, then I’ll be open to looking at new opportunities.
Follow us on social media to see more